Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 3185|Reply: 6

Super Mario 3D Land on DSTWO [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
48 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 00:30:35 |Show all posts
Hello!

So. There was a firmware upgrade to enable playing of Super Mario 3D Land on the DSTWO. But how exactly do I go about playing that game? If I copy the .3ds file as is on the card, it's not seen. Any idea? Suggestions?

Gilles.
3DS with DSTWO... What else?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
550 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 00:48:37 |Show all posts
That update didnt enable you to play Super Mario 3D Land, it only enabled DSTwo to work on the 3DS System Update coming with the game.

The DSTwo still can't and probably never will be able to play 3DS games.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
3620 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 04:12:42 |Show all posts
It most likely will not ever be compatible with 3ds roms.

Keeping the ds2 cart for ds games is a wise idea.

They can release a new cart for 3ds roms (when the 3ds is finally hacked)
and make more money, dominating the ds & 3ds rom cart scene.
it makes sense.
www.facebook.com/groups/emuparadise/ < ---- my group for emulation help on Facebook.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
48 Hours
Post time 11-1-2012 09:29:35 |Show all posts
Ah. OK. That's what I knew... but the formulation they had was confusing. I thought I had missed something totally new.

Looking forward to when the world has a "DSTHREE".

Gilles.
3DS with DSTWO... What else?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
1 Hours
Post time 14-1-2012 22:48:48 |Show all posts
Reply 3# Wcanywayz
Dear Wcanywayz, I'm new in this forum and I wish ask some questions, I want thank the supercard team, too (it's absolutely necessary) and I have to share my comments to dstwo plugin on 3ds, for announce problem and/or find solutions with your help.
I must say first of all that I'm sorry for my English and my naturally: I'm Italian.
I'm agree to you for have a new card for 3ds, in future, for play 3ds rom if it's possible (maybe dsthree, I'll buy it as soon as possible), but I wish that the dstwo give more chance for 3ds users:
-ireader doesn't reader pdf on 3ds (the software release date is earlier than marketing of 3ds)
-the interface of ds roms and emulator of gba roms are perfect for compatibility and possibility of using perhaps for all rom that exist (the only light fault is that the upper screen of 3ds is bigger than ds and so the plugin for 3ds should be dedicated to 3ds)
-the mame emulator is the unique true disappointment, I installed for me and not for my son, that play some games (nds and gba), watch movie and toon, hear music and he is the most glad child in the world, thanks to supercard team, I'm very glad too, but return to mame emulator for me I'm disappointed for can't play to: double dragon, ghost'n'gobling, outrun, street fighter, tekken, mortal kombat and others from my young memories... (I hope that a new emulator will released, even single that some for any brand in the actual version, that can play for the essential games in my list and I trust in everyone list.

I wish thank again supercard team.
Best regards

Al

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
3620 Hours
Post time 15-1-2012 02:55:09 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Wcanywayz at 15-1-2012 20:56

Reply 5# aladinolamp
I wouldnt expect any improvements on current Plugins for the ds2
The supercard teams has gone quiet apart from eos patches an updates to keep it working around 3ds security measures in recent and future updates.

as for the 3ds upper screen being larger than a ds,
there will never be a plugin to stretch anything running (game or plugins etc, everything)
The Ds2 card runs in DS mode.
mode that exist are DSmode , Dsi mode and 3ds Mode.
ds mode - is fully hacked but doesnt have the use of extra ram in dsi & 3ds or cameras
dsi mode - Is not hacked on the ds2 cart, therefore also
                doesnt have the use of extra ram in dsi & 3ds or cameras
3ds mode is 100% unhacked.

Since 3ds mode would need to be hacked to run the top screen in full widescreen,
it would need to be a 3ds hack rom card.
The Ds2 is only capable of DSmode and therefore never run the top screen in wide resolutions
no matter what fancy people have for plugin etc, without the 3ds hack and the ds2 card only able to run in DS mode. It will never happen.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
1 Hours
Post time 15-1-2012 04:59:24 |Show all posts
Reply 6# Wcanywayz

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and for your explanation: I thought that anyone or supercard teams should improved the plugin on dstwo for 3ds...
It won't be, so I will wait for dsthree.

Best regards
Al

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

21-10-2014 05:31 GMT-8