Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 1558|Reply: 5

Game Boy (Color) emulator project (with touchscreen GUI) [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
23 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 00:09:26 |Show all posts
Hi,

I'm considering the possibility of starting a DSTWO homebrew project for a fully integrated GB/GBC emulator. I honestly hope I can talk the Lameboy developer into it, or at least to provide the source under the GPL. I would likely add AR/Game Shark support to the codebase among other things. Touchscreen GUI is expected.

Have the DSTWO developers released any more recent SDK? One that works fine with the current devkit and doesn't look too hideous, organization-wise. It seems the currently available SDK only contains binary packages for the dstwo libraries.

If I there's enough support and interest I would kickstart the project during my limited free time, so let me know!

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
7 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 03:42:40 |Show all posts
Hi,

I personally would love to see a new GB/GBC emulator on DSTWO. It's not really that Lameboy is missing that many features imho, it's mostly for Multiplayer implementation, as I haven't really experienced any slowdowns whatsoever without the extra power.

Considering the DSTWO SDK, Patrick Alto has made some great progress: http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/DSblog.html.

If you really want to look in to the Multiplayer emulation, you should check this post: http://gbatemp.net/t317985-nesds-v1-0

This is the only emulator I know of that supports Nifi on NDS, time to get some others working!

Greets

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
62 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 06:50:06 |Show all posts
That would be great!! I was hoping someone started/continued a GBC emulator for the DS since Lameboy is long dead. Thank you so much!!

By the way, Strainer, Lameboy isn't that perfect. I tested a lot a of random titles and most of them I encoutered some issues (flickering, slowdown, graphic glitches), mainly in GBC titles (some in GB too). But the only famous game I tested that I can remember of was DKC, which had slowdown in some crowded areas. So, multiplayer is not the only missing feature.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
128 Hours
Post time 10-1-2012 07:09:30 |Show all posts
Gameshark codes would be my number one request.

Hope it goes well for you.  Have you posted your idea onto other forums as well?  It would be good to get the word out.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
11 Hours
Post time 12-1-2012 05:42:55 |Show all posts
This is a perfect idea! I would love to see some multiplayer support. Along with hopefully a fix for Pokemon Yellow when Pikachu's cry is a static sound.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
23 Hours
Post time 12-1-2012 08:19:49 |Show all posts
Short update, too busy today to look at this... I mailed the Lameboy developer's address, the one used for donations. I'm not sure who at Nutki did the development, though. No response yet. If I don't get any responses I'm not sure I can undertake the project, or which emulator would be best suited for this purpose. I just got my 3DS too... and I'm quite disappointed with the subpar screen scaling.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

21-12-2014 15:13 GMT-8