Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 4103|Reply: 23

Folder Structure of DSTWO_v1.11_0630_eng   [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
36 Hours
Post time 5-7-2011 01:25:34 |Show all posts
Hello,
      I just ordered a DSTWO and my 3DS is now up to 2.1.0-3U.  I'm trying to get everything I need and ready to setup my card.  I downloaded the above mentioned file, but I don't see _dstwo or any other folder, just a list of 255 files.  How do I know what goes where?  Also, I've read the instructions and it seems I just need this file and Firmware_v1.12_eng on my card.  Is that right?  I do have an old DS I can use to update the card.  So, I figure I format my 8GB SDHC card, copy these 2 files to it and boot up my DS and it will take care of the rest?!?  Sorry to be a noob, I just don't want to screw this up.

Thanks!
Jeff

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
137 Hours
Post time 5-7-2011 02:28:41 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by ChrisIsBack at 5-7-2011 18:31

hi and welcome!
I would like to link you to the answer of our user metrix to the same question, he explained it step by step:
http://forum.supercard.sc/redire ... =8921&pid=63272

it might be important to add, that two things can be updated ona  supercard, the Firmware (FW) and the Operation System (called EOS)
as far as I understand u just need to use a new EOS: http://down.supercard.cn/download/dstwo/DSTWO_v1.11_0512_eng.zip

hope this helps!
if not, go ahead and ask your question(s).

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
36 Hours
Post time 5-7-2011 16:20:35 |Show all posts
Thank you!  glad to be here!

Ok, I did read those steps.  The way I plan to do this is copy the DSTWO_v1.11_0630_eng contents to my microcard (after I format it).  I also will copy the Firmware_v1.12_eng to the root.  I will then place the DSTWO in my DS (original model) and turn it on.  I'm guessing it will walk me through the process and hopefully tell me when the card is ready.  At this point, I would like to setup my emulator structure.  I have the recommended ones for SNES, NES and GBA via the Supercard DSTWO web site.  Do you recommend setting up separate folders for each systems games, etc?  I just found out my card is coming pre-flashed with 1.4.2.  I guess that doesn't matter if I'm going to format (erase) the microcard anyway.  Correct?  Anyone see anything wrong with my planned approach?

Jeff

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
3570 Hours
Post time 6-7-2011 00:32:29 |Show all posts
"Ok, I did read those steps.  The way I plan to do this is copy the DSTWO_v1.11_0630_eng contents to my microcard (after I format it).  I also will copy the Firmware_v1.12_eng to the root
will then place the DSTWO in my DS (original model) and turn it on.  I'm guessing it will walk me through the process and hopefully tell me when the card is ready"

Yes, that is the way to do it. When you proceed to boot the scds2 in ur ds model it will inform you of the update firmware 1.12. Connect to power before (just incase) and wait till it tells you its done.

"Do you recommend setting up separate folders for each systems games, etc?"

Yes, i would recommend using different folders for roms etc, however when you copy the folders over for each emulator, they should have an empty folder named for roms already so you can just copy them in.

"I just found out my card is coming pre-flashed with 1.4.2.  I guess that doesn't matter if I'm going to format (erase) the microcard anyway."

I think you may mean its flashed 1.4.2 dsi compatable... this doesnt concern you if you dont have a dsi at that system version.
neither the cards Firmware or 3ds firmware is saved on the SD card. it is written into the system memory so format ur SD card anytime without risk.
Only the SuperCard DS2 operating system software (v.1.11) is needed on the card after updating the firmware.
www.facebook.com/groups/emuparadise/ < ---- my group for emulation help on Facebook.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
36 Hours
Post time 6-7-2011 01:29:55 |Show all posts
Yes, i would recommend using different folders for roms etc, however when you copy the folders over for each emulator, they should have an empty folder named for roms already so you can just copy them in.

Ok, so for example, I'll have a folder called SNES and beneath that I'll have a folder called roms?  Or just copy all the roms into the SNES folder which is located at the root of the card?  Whichever method you think is best I'll do for the NES, GBA, and so on.  Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it!  :-)

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
137 Hours
Post time 6-7-2011 02:49:03 |Show all posts
Yes, i would recommend using different folders for roms etc, however when you copy the folders over  ...
dovermac Post at 6-7-2011 17:29

A Folder called SNES, GBA etc. is enough, if u make more and more Folders it will just take more time to browse through them!

I have for example in the root all my DS Games, in the Folder SNES all my SNES games etc.

I think that for the rest Wcanywayz explained you everything!

Have fun with your DSTwo!

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
36 Hours
Post time 7-7-2011 16:49:51 |Show all posts
Thanks!  The main reason is I'm hoping the snes emulator works well.  I really want to play games like Soulblazer and Lost Vikings again.  The other emulators worked great on my cyclods card.  Only the snes one didn't work hardly at all so I'm hoping they will run fairly smoothly on the 3DS.  Plus I can brighten up the screen a tad.    ;-)

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
137 Hours
Post time 8-7-2011 09:34:21 |Show all posts
Thanks!  The main reason is I'm hoping the snes emulator works well.  I really want to play games li ...
dovermac Post at 8-7-2011 08:49

if you get problems playing this games with the official plug-in, use CATSFC.
CATSFC is also an DSTwo SNES Plug-in, but has better compatibility on some games.

get it from here: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=24262

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
36 Hours
Post time 8-7-2011 11:03:57 |Show all posts
Can I have both CATSFC and the official one on at the same time?  I don't think it makes a difference.  My DSTWO just arrived!!  I'm a little nervous, but I think I'll just put the _dstwo, ds2boot.dat, and dstwoupdate.bat file on the card and run it on my original DS and see if it works.  I sure hope I don't brick my 3DS...
Thanks for your help Chris!

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
137 Hours
Post time 8-7-2011 11:17:35 |Show all posts
Can I have both CATSFC and the official one on at the same time?  I don't think it makes a differenc ...
dovermac Post at 9-7-2011 03:03

you can use both, no problem!
And don't worry, neither Nintendo nor the Supercard can brick your 3DS.
Nintendo won't do it, because its against million of laws and the DSTwo doesn't have a root-account to flash the 3DS Firmware.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

1-9-2014 03:15 GMT-8