Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 11024|Reply: 17

[Other] Firmware v1.42 Unlimited Upgrade for DSONEi only   [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
457 Hours
Post time 29-3-2011 04:04:08 |Show all posts
DSONEi Firmware upgrade to support for 3DS.

Q:How to upgrade DSONEi mini firmware?
A:Use a DS or DSL can upgrade DSONEi firmware.

Q:How to upgrade DSONEi mini without the firmware writer?
A:Use a DS or DSL can upgrade DSONEi firmware.

Q: What's the function of the Firmware writer?
A: Only use in this situation: If the software of console upgraded and do not recognize DSONEi. Firmware writer can renew the firmware of DSONEi. And DSONEi can work again.

Q: How to use Firmware writer?
A: Please download Newest Firmware from http://eng.supercard.sc. Copy downloaded firmware to microSD insert into DSONEi then insert into Firmware writer then into USB port for power supply and operation. No extra software need, the Firmware writer will renew the firmware of DSONEi automatic. 8 Mins. needed. Flashing light mean renew in progress. Green light mean renew finished. Red light mean renew failed. If failed, please repeat the progress.

(Possible reasons fail to upgrade)
1: Download the wrong version firmware file, such as English version DSONEi can not be upgraded by Chinese version firmware file. Please download the correct one.
2:Put the upgrade file “updateen.bin” into sub directory, not the root directory, firmware writer can not detect the upgrade file.
3: USB port can not provide a stable power, please change a stable USB port.
4:Firmware writer broken or DSONEi broken
5:too many disk defragments in the MicroSD,so format it before upgrade

Download:firmware1.42
www.supercard.sc

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
11 Hours
Post time 29-3-2011 06:46:42 |Show all posts
Important question: Is this the same as the update posted here (but working with the external writer):

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8300-1-1.html  or is it a different one?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
7 Hours
Post time 29-3-2011 17:46:19 |Show all posts
if update the firmware, do i need to use the support 3d firmware (http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8300-1-1.html) again on this new 1.42 firmware or not?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
2 Hours
Post time 30-3-2011 07:35:28 |Show all posts
We still need an old DS? Can't the 3DS update the firmware yet?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
7 Hours
Post time 30-3-2011 12:36:06 |Show all posts
why would you release this after i screw up my card tryin to update it with the other update... DAMT IT

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
64 Hours
Post time 30-3-2011 20:02:43 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Omega_2 at 3-4-2011 08:34

Post Last Edit by Omega_2 at 31-3-2011 12:22

Well, it didn't seem to do anything for 8 seconds, then gave the steady red light.  Now my cart doesn't show up in the DS.
I shouldn't have even bothered ;-;

This after 8 seconds.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
7 Hours
Post time 12-4-2011 18:55:51 |Show all posts
same thing happened to me...

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
252 Hours
Post time 18-4-2011 11:26:42 |Show all posts
And the exact thing happened to me!
Trying to install this firmware just broke my DSONEi, it doesn't even boot on my DS anymore.
I tried to go back to the older firmware (1.41) and nothing, I tried all those 5 steps in case the red light appeared and also nothing.

Could anyone correctly install this firmware? I'm starting to believe that it's corrupted.

What to do now?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
252 Hours
Post time 23-4-2011 08:08:39 |Show all posts
Hello.

It's a pity that no one replied to the last 3 posts. I even sent PM's to the administration and no one answered. At least 3 people (myself included) lost their cards after trying to install this firmware.

Browsing this post: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8300-1-1.html
It seems that the cause for this firmware bricking the card is due to having previously installed this other firmware posted in the link above. If that was the reason, the admin SHOULD have warned us.
Since this firmware is more recent than that one, I tried to install it, trusting that the SC team would have warned us if anything was wrong.

It's really a pity that this happened, but it's even worse that no one replied to this issue that affected at least 3 people. I'm getting an an Acekard 2i by the end of the month.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
7 Hours
Post time 28-4-2011 08:44:46 |Show all posts
Hello, I have the same problem but solved.

Last 06/mar/11 I have installed with a DSL the "Firmware upgrade to support for 3DS" posted here:
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8300-1-1.html
and works fine up today.

Today I find this 1.42 and try to install with "firmware writer" but RED LIGHT without flash. And then the DSONEi don't works.

Cyberquake says after this, he tried to go back to the older firmware (1.41) and nothing.
I tried with old firmware 1.1 from year 2009 in my "firmware writer" and after 8 minutes flashing it works !, my DSONEi is working again. After this I installed again the "Firmware upgrade to support for 3DS" and working. I see again the icon: "Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo Escape to the Big Blue THQ"

I hope help you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

30-10-2014 23:33 GMT-8