Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 166025|Reply: 52

How to fix firmware 1.08 cause DSTWO broken problem?     [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
477 Hours
Post time 17-3-2011 02:04:40 |Show all posts
Recently, some customers upgraded the firmware to 1.08 met problems, it looks like the DSTWO is broken. DSi and 3DS could not recognize the DSTWO. However, DS and DSLire work fine.

Part I: (99% situation)
YES, this is 1.08 firmware bug, we had fixed this bug and the last firmware is 1.09 now.
How can we fix the DSTWO that DSi and 3DS could not recognize?

1. Find a DS or DSLite console. (borrow from friend, classmate, colleague or game store). Don’t tell me you are live on Mars. :)
2. Download the 1.09 firmwareand EOS 1.11 to the MicroSD. Make sure these files and folder in the MicroSD.

_dstwo
ds2boot.dat
dstwoupdate.dat

3. Turn on the DS or DSLite power, system will auto detect firmware 1.09.
4. Then upgrade to 1.09 and this bug fixed.
5. DSTWO can work with DSi and 3DS again.

Part II: (1% situation)
There is another situation, if DS and DSLite could not recognize the DSTWO too? Why this happen? It should be power off or reboot when upgrading the firmware.
What should I do?
Please be careful when you upgrading(DO NOT power off/reboot), or maybe you will fail, it's very dangerous!
But don’t worry if you had failed, we can fix by this way:

1, First at all, you need a DSLite or old fat DS.
2, Download the newest firmware (ver1.09), EOS(ver1.11)and the newest dstwoupdate.dat file (please choose the correct region version for your cart), and copy them to the root of your microsd card.
3, Run dstwo_load_NDSL.nds which released by Supercard Team on a flashcart which can run homebrew(like DSONE/i, DSTWO, DSTT, R4), then you will get the follow screen:
Pull out your flashcart, and insert the DSTWO which need to be upgraded, then insert the microsd card which stores the newest firmware, EOS and dstwoupdate.dat file. Then press B to continue upgrading.

Note:
Why we insert microsd cart after insert DSTWO?
bcuz some high-speed microsd card need much power. Then console may reboot when you insert cart which had been inserted microsd card.

Download:
dstwo_load_NDSL.nds http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/tools/dstwo_load_NDSL.nds
Fireware ver1.09 http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/DSTWO_v1.11_eng.zip
EOSv1.11 http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/DSTWO_v1.11_eng.zip
Have 2 people ratedProps Pack Reason
Kitanode + 3 My SCDS2 was totally dead for weeks and
SektorZero + 3 Good

Total score: Props + 6   View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
6 Hours
Post time 17-3-2011 10:05:24 |Show all posts
I upgraded from 1.05 to 1.09 directly on a DSlite, now I get 2 white screens from the DSTWO.

could really use some help with this.. It upgraded fine then worked with an NDS backup. but after running one GBA it crashed and now it says "update error, Enter then wait 3 minutes" butr all I get is two white screens..

Any ideas?

Use magic Report

King

Custom statuses are for lamers

Props
Online time
859 Hours
Post time 17-3-2011 12:14:40 |Show all posts
The link to the firmware and the link to the EOS are the same, you might want to fix that. ;)

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
6 Hours
Post time 17-3-2011 17:34:00 |Show all posts
Can anybody help with my problem above? I u[pgraded to 1.09 now have two white screens when I enter the SD on the DS main menu..

Says "update error Enter then wait 3 minutes" but all I get is white screens. I used the genuine FW and EOS links from the site and followed the method perfectly. what can I try to fix my DStwo?

Thanks

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
32 Hours
Post time 17-3-2011 21:49:46 |Show all posts
Thanks, will disseminate
100 Characters Limited
Unsupport Customize Discuz! Code

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
30 Hours
Post time 19-3-2011 13:30:57 |Show all posts
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

My SCDS2 is working again.

I ballsed up my SCDS2 when i was updating the firmware to 1.08, so it's been broken for the past couple of weeks.

I don't know how it happened 'cos i'm positive i followed the instructions word for word but i don't know......, it's fixed now anyway.

At first i waited until i could get hold of a DS lite to update with but like the 2nd poster devilfish i got the two white screens.

However when i tried the other option in the first post using the dstwo_load_NDSL file i got instant results and it updated straight away. I had honestly thought that my SCDS2 was totally screwed but thank god i found this file.

Infact i think the dstwo_load_NDSL file is really important for people like me and should be put on that sticky topic with all the other important downloads.

So if anybody else has tried everything and they cant get their SCDS2 to work then you must try that file.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 19-3-2011 16:05:11 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by gusconstantine at 20-3-2011 08:23

Hi! Thanks for the update!

This explains quite a bit lol Interestingly enough, I thought that my memory card was the one giving trouble, so I bought a new one. Its a SanDisk as opposed to the old one, a Kingston. The old one still works fine with the update, but the SanDisk goes really slow in comparison. Its hard to play games like De Blob 2 and Pokemon (any of them, even the old ones) because of how laggy they are. Also, when I click on a game for the first time, the creation of the sav file takes a few seconds longer than usual (like, noticeably, the screen freezes in the rom selection screen).

Anyone else has this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Edit: The card Im using seems to be a class 4. I can't find anywere on the box or the card itself that specification, but it has a 4 in a circle next to the Gig space.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
2 Hours
Post time 11-4-2011 11:01:36 |Show all posts
I did part 2 but I only worked the first time and then keeps asking if I upgrade again to get the  restart DSTWO              helpppppppppppp¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
0 Hours
Post time 13-4-2011 19:49:16 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Zombie_X at 14-4-2011 11:54

I have the error where it says "upgrade error, enter and please wait three minutes". I have tried waiting 3 minutes at the DS's menu and also tried after launching the cart but nothing happens. Can you guys help?

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
3 Hours
Post time 14-4-2011 17:36:04 |Show all posts
nice for this supporting, share it
good one

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

23-5-2017 06:43 GMT-8