Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 4893|Reply: 14

trading Pokemon on GBA to DS   [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
103 Hours
Post time 19-7-2010 16:33:14 |Show all posts
I've been playing Pokemon Ruby on the GBA Emulator, on my DSTWO. I've been wondering if there is a way to trade my pokemon to one of my DS Pokemon games, like Soul Silver. I'm sure pal park won't work without a cartridge. Is there a Pokesav for the GBA games, or any other way i could do this?

Use magic Report

Dev Team

Rockin' 23/6

Props
Online time
505 Hours
Post time 19-7-2010 16:58:49 |Show all posts
Currently there is no support for this, but in the next firmware, not EOS, update it should work, there is a thread by Godslash saying that it was fixed for next firmware update, the thread was titled something like "Had fixed Wii/Slot-2 Connection"

Black DSi
Acekard 2i
SuperCard DSTWO
iSmart Premuim

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
103 Hours
Post time 19-7-2010 19:42:18 |Show all posts
awesome, i cant wait for the update.

will this work with the gba roms though?

Use magic Report

Dev Team

Rockin' 23/6

Props
Online time
505 Hours
Post time 19-7-2010 19:54:51 |Show all posts
Reply 3# chas0000

I am not completely sure, but if it doesn't and you have the actual game, i know a way (with a dsl) you can get the save from the emulator the the cartridge

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
147 Hours
Post time 20-7-2010 11:53:09 |Show all posts
Reply 2# Irock23

I'm sorry, but are you meaning that the firmware would be able to handle a virtual linkage between a GBA rom and a ds rom while they both are on the same cart? The DS game would be able to see the GBA game on the flash cart and act accordingly?

Use magic Report

Dev Team

Rockin' 23/6

Props
Online time
505 Hours
Post time 20-7-2010 13:18:48 |Show all posts
Sorry for confusion, I forgot that he said using the emulator, I don't think this will ever happen, but in the next update it can connect to the wii and slot-2

Black DSi
Acekard 2i
SuperCard DSTWO
iSmart Premuim

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
147 Hours
Post time 21-7-2010 06:56:38 |Show all posts
Well, my idea was about having the firmware have the function of placing a GBA game and save on a 'standby' so that when the DS game asks for what's in the slot-2, the firmware would pick up that signal and redirect/inject to the gba rom/header data. Then if the DS game happened to ask for the save data, the supercard would then put the save data in the way for the DS game.

I spoke with a friend of mine who can make nearly anything happen to his pc, including making it work for 3 weeks using incompatible hardware, and he said that it could be possible. So, afterwards, I sent an email to the SC team about this idea and have yet to get any kind of response back except that they got my email. If it actually does happen, I will be very happy, as then I would get to prove a ton of people on gbatemp wrong.

Until then, one can only wish.
Have 1 people ratedProps Pack Reason
chas0000 + 3

Total score: Props + 3   View Rating Log

100 Characters Limited
Unsupport Customize Discuz! Code

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
103 Hours
Post time 21-7-2010 14:52:44 |Show all posts
that would be great, lets hope they can pull that one off.

i don't want the pokemon i've worked so hard on to sit around on my save file. i want to put them all on my pokemon ranch.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
98 Hours
Post time 24-7-2010 10:46:58 |Show all posts
there should be a way, like savsander....run the emulator, then put in pokemon, transfers everything in you party. That would make pokemon a little easier

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
147 Hours
Post time 24-7-2010 20:15:42 |Show all posts
Reply 9# WolfMasterJW

I'm not sure I'm following your idea all that well.

SavSender would only need to be used for the retail carts, and it doesn't work with the DSi. Also, currently it wouldn't even work on Pokemon HG/SS because of a few hardware issues.

Now, I don't know if chas0000 was asking about transfering them to a retail cart, but I was suggesting that with a DS rom and a GBA rom both on the DS TWO, it would be possible for the firmware to fake a 'linkage' between the ds game and a fake slot-2 that would actually be the gba rom data on the DS TWO.

This would allow for the DS Pokemon game to detect and access the save data on the GBA pokemon game that is also on the DS TWO, so it would eliminate the need for a slot-2 card like the EZ 3-in-1. As I said, it might be possible, especially with the extra ram and processor.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

20-8-2014 20:22 GMT-8