Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 2195|Reply: 10

browser and gba with supercard ds one and supercard lite question   [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
8 Hours
Post time 3-3-2010 18:08:13 |Show all posts
Hello. this is my first post and I'm having a hell of a time. I recently got a supercard ds one slot-1 and supercard lite slot-2. in slot one i'm running a sdhc 4 gb and an sd 2 gb in slot 2. I can plan nes, snes, genesis, and ds games with no problem so my slot one works, but for some reason i cannot get the browser and gba games to run from slot two. i have downloaded two versions of the ds browser and updated firmware from this site for slot two, but no luck. could someone please give me a tutorial how to get the browser to work atleast to see if i'm doing things right or if i got a shitty slot-2 card. Whenever i run the browser, it says that i need to insert the RAM that came with the browser. I've searched this site over as well as the internet, any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Use magic Report

King

Guarding the Caerbannog Cave

Props
Online time
1358 Hours
Post time 3-3-2010 19:36:24 |Show all posts
The browser must run from slot 1, since the slot 2 card is used as memory expansion.
Check if you selected the browser settings in the slot 1 card (i don't remember what it says, but it's on one of the menus).
Also you might need a hacked version of the browser, tough i'm not really sure about this.
Are you able to load nds roms from the slot 2 card? Are you able to boot it from the slot 1 card? (pressing L+B).

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
8 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 03:08:30 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 4-3-2010 23:10

Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 4-3-2010 19:11

Yeah, i used a hacked version from the sueprcard website download page for ds one as well as a version i found on this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOyF5fK5JQ

I loaded both on to slot one (at different times of course) and both times (tried multiple times on each) put the 'card to "Brower"'.  Still it came up with the msg that I needed to put in the extra ram into slot 2. Tried with an extra suprcard SD (non SDHC) and without the sd card in the slot-2 supercard lite. The rom loads but as soon as it "saves" it pops up with the msg.

p.s. thanks for the help JoeDanger. You seem to know your stuff when it comes to the supercards. You've helped a lot with others and helped me in the process by searching old posts. I hope you realize how much I appreciate your assistance!

Edit: I haven't tried loading ds roms on slot-2, but I downloaded the firmware to slot-2 as well as the software to put gba games on slot-2. When trying to run a gba game (by setting slot-2 to gba) and pressing L+B it either came up with two white screens or got stuck on the GameBoy screen when a game first pops up. I didn't think much of it as I wanted to address one problem at a time. I also set GBA games to slot-1 and tried loading the same way.

I don't know maybe i'm doing things wrong. Maybe the best would be a quick step by step on what i need to do to get the browser on the ds lite with sueprcard one and a supercard lite.

Use magic Report

King

Props
Online time
1358 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 09:25:00 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 4-3-2010 23:10

cagerhager Post at 4-3-2010 19:08

From what you say, it seems that your slot 2 card has problems.
Before trying to load any gba rom or the browser, you need to be able to boot the slot 2 card, if you can't, they won't work.
When pressing L+B if the slot 2 card is working, you should get a list of the roms that are in it.
Also gba roms are usually loaded from the slot 2 card, since if you load them from the slot 1 card, you won't be able to save.
Try using only the slot 2 card to see if you get something. But consider that the roms that you copy to the slot 2 card, must be converted before being able to use them (using the conversion software).

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
8 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 11:12:24 |Show all posts
Well i took the firmware off slot two sd card and put it on, tried patching the roms and loading slot-2 without slot one placed. when starting it stated that "not find the sd. please turn off gba" when i had both slot 1 and slot 2 inserted, and pressed L+B, it came up with two white screens. This mean my slot 2 is boned? I have only had it for 3 days....just to be sure, what firmware or programs should I have on slot 2 in order for GBA games and the browser to work? Thanks again for your help.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
2570 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 13:13:48 |Show all posts
There is a set to do to use slot2 supercard for ds browser.

You have to check the "SC for DSBrowser" option in the menu of DS One (this option only exist in OS3 notin EOS).

If you want to use your supercard slot2 for ds browser with EOS, let's use GBAExploader or YSMenu.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
8 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 13:43:35 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 5-3-2010 05:45

Yeah, running OS3 straight from the supercard website and i set that each time and it still states that i need to enter ram into slot 2. Thanks though!

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
2570 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 14:07:03 |Show all posts
Does your supercard slot2 is a lite rumble ???

If it's a rumble there is no ram at all in it. Rumble series (lite, sd, minisd, cf) is unable to play GBA games and use ds browser.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
8 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 14:41:13 |Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 5-3-2010 08:28

Post Last Edit by cagerhager at 5-3-2010 06:52

nah, basic supercard lite micro sd

What should I have to put on the ds one and supercard lite in order for these to work? Thanks guys!

Use magic Report

King

Props
Online time
1358 Hours
Post time 4-3-2010 17:05:44 |Show all posts
The slot 2 Supercard doesn't need any file in the memory card (only the firmware file if you are going to update it).
But the problem is that it seems that you haven't been able to boot your slot 2 card, so i think that the problem is there. If you aren't able to go into the slot 2 Supercard menu either directly or booting it from the slot 1 card (with L+B) there might be a problem with the slot 2 card (it could be a firmware problem).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

24-7-2014 02:42 GMT-8