Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

SuperCard Official Forum

Forgot password?
 register
View: 2462|Reply: 17

FBA4DSTWO: FBA Emulator finally on DStwo   [ Promote this link! ]

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 1-1-2017 22:00:21 |Show all posts
Hi,

I recently port the FBA4PSP arcade emulator to dstwo.  Maybe it's a little late that most people don't plays DS and dstwo anymore, but I still want to share it.

plugin download: https://filetrip.net/dl?5CHLNzlDHQ
files & some roms(not all roms work): https://filetrip.net/dl?emDokZylqE

Why FBA4DStwo?
Theres's already a mame4alldstwo!

Mame4alldstwo has performance issues, and sound issues.
Until recently I bought a *ds2 plus* card, and hope it will handle mame4all better this time, but it didn't. Then I decide to make a  playable one.
For now FBA4dstwo has a better performance over mame4alldstwo, try it if you doubt.

Supported games:
  • Cave/CPS1 games works good, with proper frame skip, most games are playable.
  • PGM games works too but a little bit slow, playable with higher frame skip setting. Tested game: Oriental Legend, Knights of Valour.
  • Neogeo games probably won't work, not tested, cuz ds2 only have 32M RAM, compared to PSP2000/3000 which have 64M RAM.
  • Other games that mame4alldstwo won't emulate: Gardians(DenjiMakai2), Shadow Force, etc.

What I have done
  • Basically porting
  • Some optimizations for dstwo.
  • Fix problems for PGM games, and fix the PGM sound emulation with newer official FBA code.

Conttrols
Coint: select
Start: start
In game frame skip: start + L, start + R. Default frame skip is 40%, means skiping 4 frames for every 10 frames.
Game return to menu: start + select

Notes
For large games (like PGM games), it will take long to build caches on the first run. Later runs will be fast.

• OopsWare & Lbicelyne: who port FBA to PSP
  • Alekmaul: who share me mame4alldstwo source code, and I use some of its code for the FBA porting.
  • and the supercard team.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
28 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 12:01:31 |Show all posts
Hi,
Im definitely interested...
Is this just for DSTWO plus?  Because it doesnt work on my normal dstwo card.  The program loads, but the roms dont start up.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 18:17:09 |Show all posts
Edited by PentiumMMX at 2-1-2017 18:25
azwel replied at 2-1-2017 12:01
Hi,
Im definitely interested...
Is this just for DSTWO plus?  Because it doesnt work on my normal d ...

Sorry for the inconvenience, I should have noticed that not all roms could run. I tested the CSP1 games and PGMs.
For what i can tell Cadillac & dinosaurs, the Punisher, 3 wonders, Captain commando, King of dragon, Knights of the round, Street Fither 2, and Donpachi, Batsugun, Power Instinct, Out Zone, those could run.
I've tested it on both dstwo and dstwo plus, should be run on both cards.
If all your roms fail to run, that's a big problem, if some roms could not run, it's probably an out of RAM issue. You can name the roms so I can try to fix them case by case.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
28 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 19:30:59 |Show all posts
Edited by azwel at 2-1-2017 20:29

Well, yes, some dont work. But i guess that is true on mame4all too.  I see that many games were shaded out...

Another thing is when I tried to put all my roms in the roms folder, it was too much for the card to read, and it didnt read those. But when I put less files in, those showed up.   Is there a way to increase the rom limit?   I have like 2000 roms though
Another way around it is to try to allow other folders in 'roms'.... for example: an "A" folder for games that start with that letter etc. I tried to make a folder such as that, but it only reads the zip files.

From what i tested, I like it a  lot, I played street fighter and enjoyed the good, sound and good speed.

some games that worked with mame4all, dont seem to work with it also: turtles, simpsons, smash tv, batman, altered beast.to name a few.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
386 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 20:12:14 |Show all posts
It maybe crash when I select Rom.  
It is perfect if it can run KOV.zip faster.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 22:23:44 |Show all posts
azwel replied at 2-1-2017 19:30
Well, yes, some dont work. But i guess that is true on mame4all too.  I see that many games were sha ...

Thanks for the feedback.
Grayed out games are not full emulated by FBA, since the FBA code I ported from is pretty old.

About the roms limit, it seems that FBA has 512 limit in the rom list, I can change that for your 2000 roms, but it may take a little bit more RAM.

And I'll try to fix non-working games you mentioned, wish me good luck :)

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 2-1-2017 22:28:09 |Show all posts
GG34 replied at 2-1-2017 20:12
It maybe crash when I select Rom.  
It is perfect if it can run KOV.zip faster.

Kov and Orlengend are ones of my favorites, I tried my best to make them work :),

I'll take more time to check any possible improvement. For now you can set the frame skip to 60% or 65% to see if it runs any faster.

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
28 Hours
Post time 3-1-2017 05:44:12 |Show all posts
Edited by azwel at 3-1-2017 06:33

thanks!     I also noticed that Capcom games seem to work best on it.  not sure why.. a good company to work though..  Also,  maybe make an option for the shaded out games to not show up at all?  So theres less we need to scroll through

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
386 Hours
Post time 3-1-2017 17:57:08 |Show all posts
PentiumMMX replied at 2-1-2017 22:28
Kov and Orlengend are ones of my favorites, I tried my best to make them work :),

I'll take more  ...

It can not run "DONPACHI.ZIP".

Use magic Report

Props
Online time
17 Hours
Post time 3-1-2017 20:52:03 |Show all posts
azwel replied at 3-1-2017 05:44
thanks!     I also noticed that Capcom games seem to work best on it.  not sure why.. a good company ...

Okay, I'll jsut remove the not working rom sets. since they're not playable, removing them seems no harm.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Archiver|Mobile|SuperCard   

22-6-2017 22:56 GMT-8